Practice Update Friday 6th June
The whole of dentistry will reopening on Monday 8th June and The Wash Common Dental Practice will be ready for business at 9 o’clock.
The treatments you are offered may be different to those you have received before. Aerosol generating procedures (using the dental drill or ultrasonic) will be offered only in limited circumstances. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal.
We ask you to please be patient.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines offered by the governing bodies. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- The waiting room is now closed, and we will ask you to wait in your car.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Payment should be made by card where possible.
- Staff will not shake your hand.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible.
- Before attending, use you own facilities as the patient toilet will be out of use and only opened for emergency use.